With more than 6,000 acres of forested mountain landscape, sun-dappled meadows and rushing rivers, not to mention all the amenities of The Village, Suncadia Resort in Washington offers a wealth of year 'round activities - perfect for a Pacific Northwest vacation with your family or a group. Miles of hiking and biking trails. Thirty-six holes of mountain golf. The 2.2 million acre Wenatchee Washington National Forest.
Suncadia Resort Announces 52 Weekends of Activities
Year-Round Offerings Include Sizzling Summer Programs
Roslyn, Wash. (March 14, 2013) – Suncadia, Washington state’s premier all-season resort located 80 miles east of Seattle, offers 52 fun-filled weekends a year with the launch of its new activities schedule. Designed to entertain and delight guests while providing families with a memorable experience, Suncadia’s lineup has something for guests of any age.
"We’re excited to offer 52 weeks of fun, family-oriented activities and events, many of which are complimentary," said Roger Beck, managing director for Suncadia. "Suncadia offers something for everyone all year long, including my personal favorite – Gourmet S’mores. The variety of options presents great opportunities for families to spend time together and to create lasting memories, building a legacy for resort guests and homeowners alike."
Suncadia’s newly announced lineup features a variety of complimentary summer events for resort guests, available beginning Memorial Day weekend through the end of September and including:
Morning Guided Run 5K
– Saturdays at 7:30 a.m. Start the weekend fresh and rejuvenated with a guided 5K run around Suncadia’s picturesque grounds, starting in The Lodge at Suncadia lobby.
Saturday Morning Fly Tying
– Saturdays at 9:45 a.m. Spend the morning in the Great Room with experts from Troutwater Fly Shop and learn the basics of fly tying while putting together a few flies popular in local streams and lakes.
– Saturdays from 3 to 5 p.m. Spend the afternoon at Dawson Park, flying a kite high above the resort.
Pick-up Basketball Games
– Saturdays (check with the Suncadia Community Association for times at 509-649-6270 or firstname.lastname@example.org) Start a four-on-four or a round of HORSE with pick-up basketball at Dawson Park.
Family Golf Tournament
– Saturdays from 3 to 4 p.m. Bring the family together with a fun competitive tournament at Rope Rider Golf Park.
– Saturdays from 12 to 3 p.m. Get some fresh air and throw the Frisbee around at Dawson Park.
– Saturdays from 9 to 11 p.m. Guests ages 21 and over can enjoy live instrumental music every Saturday night in Fifty-6 Degrees located in The Lodge at Suncadia.
Summer Nights in the Village–Outdoor Movies
– schedule follows below Spend the evening at the Village Amphitheater for music and entertainment starting at 7 p.m., followed by outdoor movies–rain or shine! Popcorn, candy, burgers, hot dogs, soda pop, beer and wine will be available for purchase.
o Saturday, July 6 at 9:40 p.m.: ET
o Saturday, July 27 at 9:20 p.m.: Jurassic Park
o Saturday, August 17 at 8:45 p.m.: Top Gun
o Saturday, August 31 at 8:15 p.m.: Ghostbusters
In addition, Suncadia offers a variety of summer activities for a minimal charge:
– Tuesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. Work with a seasoned Suncadia golf professional at Prospector Driving Range for a 60-minute clinic, beginning June 1st. Each clinic will focus on swing, iron play, short game, putting or mental approach. Cost is $10 per person and reservations are recommended.
– Saturdays at 7:30 a.m. Spend the morning touring the Suncadia grounds, which serve as a fly-way for many migratory birds, including many unique species. The two-hour program departs from The Lodge at Suncadia and focuses on the identification of migratory and resident birds. Cost is $40 per person and includes binoculars.
– Saturdays at 10 a.m. Skilled instructors teach the basics of this traditional Hawaiian sport of Stand-Up Paddle boarding, one of the fastest-growing water sports. Cost is $10 per person, children age five to 12 free with paying adult.
Kids Fly Fishing Class
– Saturdays from 11 to 11:30 a.m. Introduce kids to the sport of fishing with classes that include hands-on activities and an introduction to trout biology, habitat and behavior. Held at the Swim & Fitness Center pond, kids can put their fishing skills and knowledge to the test as they try to catch a few rainbow trout in the pond. Cost is $40 per person; children must be age 7 or older to participate.
Experience Fly Fishing (adult class)
– Saturdays from 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Come by the pond at the Swim & Fitness Center to study the art of casting under the instruction of an expert from Troutwater Fly Shop. Cost is $40 per person and includes fly fishing equipment rental.
Guests at Suncadia can also enjoy all the resort has to offer year-round, with new programs including:
Gimme S’more Sticky Gooey Fun
– Fridays and Saturdays from 8 to 9 p.m. Enjoy an irresistible combination of fresh mountain air, crunchy graham crackers, toasty marshmallows and gooey chocolate around the fire pit.
Toast the Day
– Saturdays from 5 to 6 p.m. Celebrate a day well-spent at Suncadia with the resort’s culinary staff as they pour regional and featured wine, beer and spirits in the Lodge Great Room. Cost is $5 per adult, ages 21 and over, and children are welcome.
Family Night Out
– Saturdays from 8 to 9:30 p.m. Spend the evening at the Swim & Fitness Center with games including Nintendo Wii™, ping pong, Twister© by Hasbro, bingo and underwater games, or construct and race a family-designed boat out of cardboard and masking tape. Cost is $10 per family.
Yoga for Everyone -
Sundays from 9 to 10 a.m. Stretch, relax and breathe at this complimentary yoga class for all ages and abilities; no yoga mat necessary.
For more information about year-round programs and packages at Suncadia, please visit www.Suncadia.comBack to Press Releases